Kathimerini has a nice neat article today summing up the extra taxes Greek have to be by the end of the year in addition to the normal property, income and social security taxes.
They are as follows.
1. Vocation fee. The new tax which business pay for the ability to do business in Greece. 650-1000 Euros
2. State property tax (in addition to the local council property tax on the same property) 600 Euros +
3. Backdated state property tax. The state property tax was introduced around the second half of 2012 but the government has been applying in retroactively since it was introduced to all of 2011 and 2012. 1200 Euro+
4. Car luxury tax. Additional taxes on top of the normal road tax for vehicles with an engine over 1929cc. Begins at 660 Euros and increases with engine capacity and age.
Do not let anyone tell you that the depression in the Greek economy has got anything to do with austerity.
The cause of the crisis is down to one thing and that is the simply massive increase in the amount and the number of taxes since 2008.
This is the article reproduced in full in English
Nine taxes amounting to about 7 billion required to pay until the end of the year millions of taxpayers to the IRS. During this time you should pay the taxes on real property for the years 2011, 2012 and 2013, the extraordinary special fee estate, the income tax, the solidarity contribution, the end of trade tax, road tax and the new luxury tax.
It is almost certain that taxpayers will not be able to pay their taxes (EUR 7 billion) to them, thereby creating new overdue debts to the State. Already the new debt maturities (from January 2013) have surpassed the 5 billion.Poor management in planning repayment of taxes is entirely due to the leadership of the Ministry of Finance, which delayed the promotion of the necessary changes in order to be ready mechanism for collecting taxes. This concern was expressed, and the Commission in a recent report on the successive taxes that will be paid from August to the end of this year. Specifically the report states that: “The back-loaded distribution of taxes in the second half of the year creates the risk that the tax collection rate to fall below the targets of the program.” Taxes until the end of the year: • Income Tax: Two doses are left to complete the payment process of income tax. Noted that about 350,000 taxpayers will have to pay tax in one installment as they have cleared their statements. Along with the income tax paid by the solidarity levy and the end vocation. Noted that this year freelancers and businesses will pay more in taxes. And because it has increased the fee vocation at 650 euros from 500 euros for freelancers and 1,000 euros for businesses.
• Property Tax: In late October we paid the third installment of CABs in the years 2011 and 2012 and the first installment for the CAB in 2013. The process will be completed in February.
• Extraordinary Special Tax Real Estate: Up in December is estimated to be paid three of the five installments of the special fee with revenues estimated at 1.5 billion in 2013. The remaining two installments will be paid in 2014.
• Luxury Tax: The next few days will be posted on the Internet (www.gsis.gr) Clearing the luxury tax on private exceeding 1,929 cubic centimeters, swimming pools and aircraft aimed receipts of 136 million euros.
• Road tax: Also you posted road tax for cars and motorcycles.